The ACLU of Nebraska seeks a motivated and energetic Operations Intern who can strengthen the infrastructure of Nebraska’s largest civil liberties organization. Gain a broad-based perspective on an array of operations that go into managing a nonprofit.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work will be tailored to individual interests and can include:
- Improve the efficiency of processes related to requests for legal assistance;
- Work with financial statements, chart of accounts, accounts payable, and other finance processes crucial to small business and nonprofit management;
- Support the board of directors in governance functions;
- Event planning and organizing public education events; and
- General office procedures and data entry.
This internship will be unpaid but we can offer the best coffee in town and an environment where you can feel free to be yourself. Arrangements can be made with educational institutions for course credit. Time commitment is flexible with a low end of approximately 10 - 15 hours/week with a minimum duration of three months in summer or four months during the academic year. Work will take place in our downtown Lincoln office with flexible scheduling within regular business hours.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for civil rights and civil liberties issues along with a willingness to learn more;
- Familiarity with databases (especially Office 365 and Salesforce);
- Experience working independently to meet deadlines; and
- An interest in learning hands-on skills for small business and nonprofit management.
Students working towards any major are eligible; majors particularly encouraged to consider this internship include accounting, business administration, computer science, finance, and management majors.
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Maria Funk (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Administration & Finance. Electronic submissions only.