As you have seen firsthand in countless headlines, the ACLU of Nebraska works tirelessly in the halls of power, in the courts, and in the streets to protect and expand civil liberties for all Nebraskans.
Because of our talented staff, dedicated board, generous supporters, and committed members, the ACLU of Nebraska is experiencing significant positive momentum and is truly making a difference in the lives of Nebraskans now more than ever.
Just in the past year:
- Filed historic litigation to end mass incarceration and cure our crisis-riddled prison system.
- Won the right to provide foster care for LGBT Nebraskans.
- Preserved Title X funding for 14,500 low-income and rural women in Nebraska.
- Fought back voter ID for the sixth year in a row.
- Fought back against efforts to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) program.
Behind each of these victories are brave Nebraskans who fight for their rights, our team of lawyers and policy advocates, and over 20,000 Nebraskans who support the ACLU and who are unafraid to speak truth to power.
I hope you will join us in this journey by becoming a member of the ACLU. My leadership has established a vibrant vision and ambitious plan for the ACLU of Nebraska. Working together we will build upon the proud history of this beloved organization and move boldly into a bright future for freedom and justice in Nebraska.
In freedom and friendship,