In Nebraska we work hard and we lend a hand to our neighbors when they need it. Some of our neighbors who are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are being denied equal opportunity in the work place despite their hard work. Our Nebraska neighbors need you to speak up today. Tell State Senators that no one should be fired for who they are or who they love. This is about ending discrimination, this is about ensuring everyone can contribute to our economy, this is about ensuring our state motto of 'Equality Before the Law" rings true for all Nebraskans in the workplace.
LB 586 would update our state nondiscrimination laws to provide equal rights for LGBT employees. State Senators have heard strong support from the business community and many faith leaders - now they need to hear from you.
Tell your State Senator today: discriminating against LGBT Nebraskans in the workplace is wrong.
- Please support LB 586, which would update Nebraska's existing employment laws to provide equal rights to LGBT Nebraskans.
- The gay and transgender Nebraskans I know are hardworking people who want to contribute to our community and support their families.
- In Nebraska it is legal to fire someone solely because of who they are or who they love. That just doesn't make sense to me.
- In order to compete in an ever changing global economy we should all be working together to keep talented workers right here.
- LB 586 would keep our economy strong and uphold our values of fairness and equality. It has the support of the business community and many faith leaders.